Saturday, July 21, 2012

Featured Teacher: Brian Hopkins



1.     How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
       I started selling free items in January and  then paid items in February of 2012.

2.     When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
In college, I was going to be an accountant and didn't like the economics side of it so my mom reminded me of all the fun I had with my younger cousins and helping out at a summer recreational program so I decided to go for it.

3.     How are you currently involved in education?
I am currently a substitute teacher after teaching Kindergarten and 2nd grade for 8 years.  I wasn't happy at where I was at and decided to sub to try to find a new job.  I have had the best time in the world subbing and have made so many children smile and beg for me to come back! 

4.     What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
Don't expect to start selling everything right out of the box!  It takes time!

5.     What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
Having made back my $60 membership fee in the first quarter!

6.     What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
I am the biggest country music fan around!  I collect 8x10 pictures and have them all over my house in every single room.  I have at least 400 country music CDs and a couple hundred cassette tapes!  I have also met many country singers singing Miranda Lambert 5 times and she is my favorite!

7.     Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
Not really, other than volunteering when I can like when I did the dunk tank on March 31st of this year and helped out in the bounce house.

8.     What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Promoting country music singers!

9.     What profession would you not like to do?
Police or Firefighter, I'm not an adventure seeker!

10. Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
Gail Gibbons, I love her great nonfiction books and the pictures are spectacular!  Ron Clark, because he inspires teachers!



Brian Hopkins 

Brian's TPT store




Brian's Prized Products

My first one I am proud of is a freebie.  it is called Fishy Sight Word Blast and it has a twist to it.  After reading a word correctly children turn cards over for points.  They can turn over as many as they want in a turn, but the catch is if they get a 0 they lose all their points even from previous rounds.


My next one is a paid product for Bossy R - ar and -or word sort.  It is my best selling non-holiday item.  Children match the craps to the correct seaweed with the ar or the or on them.  Then there is also a cut and paste word sort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...