Saturday, May 19, 2012

Featured Teacher: Amanda McDonald




1.     How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I started TPT in November of 2011. I start TPT because a lady I worked with was doing it. I thought it sounded like a great idea and I wanted to try it out!

2.     When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
I think I always knew I wanted to go into education. (I use to play teacher with my teddy bears when I was little!) However, I feel like I was truly called, or knew for sure, my Junior year of high school. That's when the decision became final. 

3.     How are you currently involved in education?
I am a 4th grade teacher at Oak Grove Elementary in Cleveland, TN. I teach Math Science, and Social Studies.

4.     What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
Get involved in the forums and make a blog. I have loved getting to know fellow teachers though the TPT forum and blogs! It's so exciting to see what other teachers are doing and making and incorporating those great ideas into the classroom!

5.     What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
I think the little milestones has been the most exciting. Selling my first product, earning 100 dollars, having my first followers, etc. It keeps it fun when you celebrate the small stuff along the way instead of waiting for a huge payoff!

6.     What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
I'm a huge nerd! And not just the academic nerd, but I love super hero's and star wars kinda nerd! I don't go to conventions or anything, but I'm all about going to the newest super hero movie and getting the t-shirt! I also love funny t-shirts and laughing a lot and very loudly.

7.     Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
Not really... All of my outside of the classroom time is devoted to spending time with my husband and family and preparing lessons for the classroom!

8.     What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
There are many things I would like to try in the education profession, but outside of that I would be interested in doing dinner theater. There is a restaurant in a neighboring city that has staff that sings and serves the guests. I think that sounds like fun!

9.     What profession would you not like to do?
I wouldn't want to do anything that involved gross stuff or sitting in a cubical all day...

10. Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
Favorite Author is Janette Oke. She writes many Christian based stories that describe women overcoming trials with God's help. My favorite books from her are the books in the Love Comes Softly Series!

Educational Author I love Harry Wong! His First Days of School book really helped me plan out the first days of my first year. I still review it every year to help remind myself of the things I need to do to start the year off on the right foot!



by: Amanda McDonald Amanda's TPT store

Amanda's Prized Products

I think I am most proud of my Polygon Song! I had never written a song before, but when I went to teach Polygons this year I couldn't find a whole lot of "fun stuff". I got the whim to write and it just happened! My students loved the song and I was giddy over doing something I'd never done before!



I am also really proud of the War type games I have made. I have made several version because my students have completely fallen in love with them, but the most popular is Decimal War Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...