Featured Teacher Author
1. How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers? What made you decide to be a part of it?
I have had an account for awhile, but recently went hog wild in January of this year. It's been really good to me. :)
2. When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
While I was in college, I read an ad for a job as a autism preschool assistant. It intrigued me, I thought maybe that would be something I was interested in. After being there for six months, I found it to be some of the most rewarding work.
Being around children is an honor.
3. How are you currently involved in education?
Right now, my first priority is to be at home with my three boys. But, I just couldn't keep thinking about teaching! 5 years ago, I started tutoring and have found that I love middle school kids. I never thought that would happen.
4. What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
I say go for it! TpT has significantly increased my sales and helped my blog get more followers as well. The forums for sellers has been a great help to me too. I meet amazing people and get inspired each day.
5. What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
Being chosen to have a freebie spotlighted in the newsletter. That's not something I petitioned for and out of hundreds of freebies, mine got chosen. Made my day.
6. What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
Even though I am a college graduate, I never did the cap and gown thing. I was always on the move and didn't have the means to make it back to school to walk.
7. Do you participate in education outside of the classroom? In what type of role?
Currently, I am a PTO Treasurer. I take care of the money and help with other things. It's hard work, but I've learned that it is worth the sacrifice. I enjoy getting to know the staff on a different level.
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Running a business, but I am trying to attempt it right now. I created a game called Brain Tower and I am just trying to do my best to get it off the ground and going.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Definitely wouldn't want to a doctor. The human body fascinates me, but dealing with peoples issues would wear me out!
10. Who is your favorite author? Favorite educational author? And why?
CS Lewis-his books have so much depth to them. I never tire of reading them.
Leonard Sax id my favorite educational author. He has opened my eyes to so many things. He studies the gender differences in education. I think he's on to something.
by Adrianne Meldrum
Adrianne's TPT store
Adrianne's TPT store
Adrianne's Prized Products
I just finished Pizza Pie and the Number Line Unit. It's a unique way to teach about the number line.
My favorite game is Brain Tower. It's a game I came up with and love.