Saturday, April 9, 2011

Featured Seller: Rosshalde Pak



1.   How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I’ve been on TPT since late 2009.  I was no longer teaching in a classroom and I didn’t like seeing my lessons, work, and tools just sitting and collecting dust.  Also, I was starting my work as an educational game inventor and I thought TPT would be a great place to showcase that work.

2.   When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
When I was an undergraduate my mother told me that she thought I would make a great teacher; and with 6 brothers and sisters, I guess it was always in my mind.  But it wasn’t until I walked in as a substitute that I realized how great it could be.

3.   How are you currently involved in education?
I don’t have a classroom any longer.  However, I own a tutoring company with only teachers as tutors, I have an educational blog, and I am an educational game inventor.  I guess I’m more of an entrepreneurial educator.

4.   What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
Definitely do it! It does take time to get it set up, but it’s really worth it.  And take your time – don’t rush to get dozens of items up there, because then you just end up going back and fixing your products up later.  You get to give new life to your lessons and you have a way to reach out to other educators.  I also feel that teachers feel better buying things that were also created by teachers.

5.   What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
I haven’t hit any big milestones sales wise; but I really like the interactive nature of TPT – being able to talk to other teachers and get their feedback.  It makes me happy that my bingo game has done well and that teachers all over the country are using it.  Actually, that’s pretty much how I feel about all of my products up on my ‘store’.

6.   What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
I’m a huge David Bowie fan.  Not just the Ziggy Stardust era or Labyrinth – but anything Bowie makes me smile.

7.   Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
I volunteer a few hours a week to help underprivileged kiddos improve their reading skills.  Also both of my educational businesses do charity work within education.

8.   What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
To be a theatre director.  I love the theatre, it’s my first love; and it’s probably why I always enjoyed teaching little kids more – they get a kick out of my theatricality in class.

9.   What profession would you not like to do?
A tax auditor or garbage collector.  I would just be so sad.  But I also couldn’t work at Target – because all of my money would just go back there.

10.  Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
Although he isn’t my favorite author, I still have to pick Herman Hesse.  He wrote the book, Rosshalde, and since that’s my name I have to go with him first.  But, William Shakespeare is my all-time favorite for everything.

By Rosshalde Pak

Rosshalde’s Featured Items
This U.S. History Bingo game is a huge accomplishment for me.  It was the first game of my new educational game company, Standards R Fun.  The game combines U.S. history with diverse people and incorporates state standards and social awareness.  I was really excited when it won Game of the Year in 2011.

Since theatre is my first love, it was really fun making this whole semester unit for a teacher on TPT.  I got into the little details and wanted to have a class of mine again so I could teach the whole course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...