Saturday, December 29, 2012

Featured Teacher: Leanne



         1. What is your most memorable field trip experience?
I've had so many, but I would have to say seeing the students unfurl a very large flag at Fort McHenry in Baltimore would be the most memorable.  It was like being a part of American history and that fascinated me.
         2. What is something you have learned from your time on Teachers Pay Teachers?
I have learned that collaboration will make you better than you ever thought you could be!  Use the forums, read other blogs, and comment on products that you think are fantastic!

         3. What book inspired you as a student?
As a student, I was inspired by My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George. If the main character, Sam, could live off of the land as a boy, I felt I could do anything!

         4. What is something you would like to see in the future, for education?
I would like to see true individualized instruction where students would be able to reach their highest potential.

         5. What is something fun about you that teachers don't know about you?
Well, because I have the personality of a high school cheerleader, most people don't know that I love to ghost hunt!  I watch every ghost show possible and love to read about them all the time!

         6. What is an achievement, in education or otherwise, that you have accomplished?
I became a freelance writer for The Mailbox Magazine for Educators.  I love to write and this opportunity allowed me to have a voice in a highly recognized magazine.  Now, I can have my ideas and activities published to a huge educational audience. 

         7. What was your first 'Free' item that you posted up on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you choose that?
My first free item on TeachersPayTeachers was designed to align to a story my students read in their anthologies.  I quickly realized this was limiting and created free items that were more generic.  This way, more people could use them.

         8. What was your first 'Paid' item that you posted up on Teachers Pay Teachers? What made you choose that?        
My first paid item I posted in TeachersPayTeachers was my Comprehensive Sub Plan Binder.  I wanted to save as many people as possible from having to write sub plans, especially in the beginning of the year.  Because I had put so much work into it, I figured charging for it would be fair.

         9.  Your favorite teaching quote is...   
"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." ~Albert Einstein

       10. What is your 'Go To' time filler?          
To fill time in class, I usually put on any upbeat song, and have the students dance.  I put a skill we are studying to the beat and have the students sing along.  For example, in word work, we would spell words; in math we would practice facts!                                                                

 by 

Leanne




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...