Saturday, December 8, 2012

Featured Teacher: Karen Hester



  1. What is your most memorable field trip experience?
I was with some kids at the Texas State Fair, and we saw Oprah Winfrey!

  2. What is something you have learned from your time on Teachers Pay Teachers?
I need to be patient....

   3. What book inspired you as a student?
Several... All of the Little House books, Where the Red Fern Grows, and Caddie Woodlawn. Those are the books that lit my imagination and turned me into a lifelong reader.

4.. What is something you would like to see in the future, for education?
I would like to see educators treated with the respect they deserve.

 5. What is something fun about you that teachers don't know about you?
Well, I really love to read, and I am crazy about vampire stories. Right now I'm currently devouring the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series. The combination of supernatural and southern quirkiness cracks me up.

 6. What is an achievement, in education or otherwise, that you have accomplished?
In the past few years, I have had several former students that are now grown adults contact me and tell me that I made a difference in their lives. Wow!

 7. What was your first 'Free' item that you posted up on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you choose that?
I posted a set of clipboard organization sheets. I wanted to post something that I really used, was straightforward and easy to use, and could be modified for personal use.

8. What was your first 'Paid' item that you posted up on Teachers Pay Teachers? What made you choose that?        
My first paid item was "10 to 20 and Beyond!" which is a set of center activities. I chose that because after years in upper elementary, I am new to "little people". I really struggled last year, so I am working on creating center ideas that I would use in my room.

9.  Your favorite teaching quote is...   
"Right is right, no matter who around you is doing wrong."

10. What is your 'Go To' time filler?          
Exploring far away places on Google Earth.                                                                

 by Karen Hester

10 to 20 and Beyond?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...