Saturday, December 15, 2012

Featured Teacher: Casey



            1. 
What is your most memorable field trip experience?

I took my students to a play for Junie B. Jones this past year. Half way through the play I felt a tug on my ankle and jumped up. One of my students popped up FROM UNDERNEATH my chair! She had come to tell me that she "WAS Junie B!" She also asked me if I "had noticed before how much she was like Junie B." I told her yes and sent her back to her seat the "normal" way.

         2. What is something you have learned from your time on Teachers Pay Teachers?

I have learned that it is important to check and double check and triple check behind yourself when creating new products. There is nothing more embarrassing than selling a product that has an error!

         3. What book inspired you as a student?

A book that I read over and over and over again was "Gone Away Lake" by Elizabeth Enright. I loved the idea of finding an abandoned summer getaway of my very own. That book definitely led to hours of imaginative play. 

4. What is something you would like to see in the future, for education?

I would love to have more time to teach and less time spent doing other "stuff." I know that it is important to document and create student data but I know that I, like many other teachers, feel pulled in so many directions. I am embarrassed by the number of days that I have to give my students independent work so that I can complete all of the necessary paperwork.

         5. What is something fun about you that teachers don't know about you?

I HATED math when I was in school. It was really hard for me and I didn't get the hang of it until I was a high school senior and I had a really AWESOME teacher. He changed my life and probably has no idea!

         6. What is an achievement, in education or otherwise, that you have accomplished?

I am still proud of the fact that I went to a graduated from college. I know that this is a feat that all teachers accomplish but I was the VERY first in my family to do so. I am still paying for it but I wouldn't trade anything for my education and the AMAZING job that I have because of it.

          7.  Your favorite teaching quote is...   

Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater. - Gail Godwin

          8. What is your 'Go To' time filler?          
 When I have down time I LOVE to sing a song! My kids really get into songs with motion. Eventually they want to lead the songs themselves which gives me a quick minute to get supplies ready for the next lesson etc.                                                               


 by Casey





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...