Saturday, October 6, 2012

Featured Teacher Author: Erin Morrison


1.     How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I joined TpT in January of 2012. I am still fairly new to selling! I decided to join TpT because after buying several items, I realized that I had plenty of ideas and activities that others might find helpful. This is when I decided to post my first couple of items. I was completely amazed when my first product sold! It was a great feeling to know that others wanted to use my work.

2.     When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
I knew that I wanted to be a teacher when I was in third grade. I had a fabulous teacher, named Mrs. Jenne, who made learning so fun and exciting. Every day was an adventure in her classroom. I knew then that I wanted to be a teacher just like her. When I graduated from college with my teaching degree, I wrote her a letter telling her that she was the one who inspired me. She was so touched!

3.     How are you currently involved in education?
        This is my sixth year teaching second grade. I absolutely love it!

4.     What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
Take it slow! It is easy to get overwhelmed with all of the things that you want to do. Make a list of projects or units that you'd like to work on and then tackle them one at a time. Take a break if you need it. I know that I have so many ideas swimming in my head all the time and it really helps when I make a list.

5.     What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
I am thrilled with the thought that my work is helping teachers and students all over the country. I've always known how rewarding teaching as a profession is, but never knew how rewarding it could be to help other teachers until I joined TpT. It is an indescribable feeling!

6.     What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
           I love to sew! I just organized a sewing room in my house and am so excited to start making new things. My grandma taught me to sew when I was a little girl and now I finally have the space to set up a room to pursue this hobby. I am so excited about it!

7.     Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
I currently am on several leadership committees in my school and district. I share information with staff and provide training as needed.

8.     What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
I could never imagine doing anything other than teaching, but I've always thought it would be fun to be a photographer or chef!

9.     What profession would you not like to do?
I could never be a nurse or doctor. I give them so much credit for what they do every day. My sister is a nurse and I can't believe some of the stories she tells me! There is just no way I could ever work in this profession, but I'm glad that there are others who do!

10. Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
My favorite author is Jodi Piccoult. I love her work because she writes in a way that allows you to connect emotionally with the characters. I always get so sad when the book is over because I feel like I know the characters.

My favorite educational author is Shel Silverstein. His poetry is absolutely hysterical and so fun for kids. My students love poetry because of his books.



by Erin Morrison 
Erin's TPT store



Erin's Prized Products

I am proud of the Customized 2nd and 3rd Grade Common Core Standards Posters that I've created. I originally made these for my second grade classroom and then realized that others would probably benefit from them as well. I knew that all states shared the same Language Arts and Math standards, but that Science and Social Studies varied state to state. That's when I came up with the idea of customized posters. They are very time consuming to create, but I hope are helping many teachers around the country!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...