Saturday, September 8, 2012

Featured Teacher: Heather, HoJo



            1. What is your most memorable field trip experience?

Our state Capitol hosts a Christmas tree decorating competition each year. When I taught Kindergarten, I took my class there to see it. It was so neat watching them be in awe of all the trees! They were saying, "Ooooo - look! This one is like Candy Land!" and "Wow - that tree is taller than anything I've ever seen!" and so many other adorably cute things!

         2. What is something you have learned from your time on Teachers Pay Teachers?

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. :-)

         3. What book inspired you as a student?

The only books I remember reading as a student were horse books. I was that "difficult child" that only read about horses. I didn't want to read anything else!

4. What is something you would like to see in the future, for education?

I would like to see education valued again. It seems like this has gone down over the years.

         5. What is something fun about you that teachers don't know about you?

I live in a state that has more cattle than people. South Dakota! True story!! (Ok, that's not really about me personally, but it's about where I'm from. Does that count?!)


         6. What is an achievement, in education or otherwise, that you have accomplished?

I finished my masters' degree while teaching a multi-grade classroom of ELL students in just 1.5 years. I'm pretty proud of myself for that one!


         7. What was your first 'Free' item that you posted up on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you choose that?

The first free item I posted on TpT is long gone! I have slowly evolved as a seller, and many of my first products are no longer available because they weren't the quality I hope my current products are.


8.  Your favorite teaching quote is...   

I love Dr. Seuss' quote - "You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!"


9. What is your 'Go To' time filler?                                                                          
It totally depends on the grade I'm teaching... For my Kinders, we played a lot of "I'm thinking of..." and I'd rattle off a letter sound. Then the students would guess what I was thinking of based on my clues.

For 3rd grade and up, I am a HUGE fan of Rachel Lynette's Mental Math cards (Mental Math Cards). You can do one or ten of them, depending on how much time you have!

With any grade level, I like to just reflect on the day or learn more about my students' lives. It seems we have so much to cover academically that I don't always take the time to cover this like I should."




by Heather aka HoJo



Heather's Prized Products




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...