Saturday, June 16, 2012

Featured Teacher : Valerie Young


1.     How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I started selling items in TPT about a month ago. At first, I didn't think anyone would really be interested in any of my creations but I was so wrong! It makes me so happy every time I get a notification telling me that someone has downloaded one of my products and/or left me a comment!

2.     When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
I never really thought I'd ever be a teacher. I remember my teachers in high school telling me that they knew I'd be a teacher someday. I'd always just laugh it off! I started university taking psychology and sociology courses and, next thing I knew, I was applying to the education faculty!

3.     How are you currently involved in education?
I am a first and second grade resource (special education) teacher.

4.     What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
Be yourself! There is no point in trying to be like another seller. I think the sellers who are most successful are those who have their own style.

5.     What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
A highlight is definitely those notifications that tell me someone has downloaded one of my products. I always think to myself, "They like me, they really like me!"

6.     What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
I am a mother of 2. Well, number 2 is on his way (due date is May 1st)!

7.     Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
Not presently. 

8.     What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
I always wanted to be a photographer!

9.     What profession would you not like to do?
I would NEVER want to be a nurse! It's too messy for me...

10. Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
       Robert Munsch. I love all his books and enjoy reading them to my students!




Valerie Young 


Valerie's TPT store


Valerie's Prized Products

I am proud of my Parts of Speech Pack. It includes a birdhouse sorting game, sentence writing, check for understanding, an independent sorting activity, a fill in the blanks Silly Story (just like those fun mad libs we did as kids!), and a cute little Parts of Speech Mini-Book.



I'm also proud of my Plurals Activity Pack. It includes 7 mini-posters to display in your classroom, a singular/plural sorting game, a plural rules sorting game,  "I have, Who has" Game, a plurals board game that comes with 48 word cards, and plural practice worksheets.

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted to be a photographer too! And those notifications about a sold item are the best!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...