Saturday, April 14, 2012

featured teacher author: Cindy Feeney

1.     How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I have been selling here since June of 2011.

2.     When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
I wanted to be a teacher my whole life!  My dolls were my first students, then I moved up to the kids I babysat for, and then I made the decision my senior year in high school to go to college to be a teacher.  I was the first one in my family to go to college! Unfortunately, my high school guidance counselor told me that there were too many teachers in the field and that I would never get a job.  So he convinced me to go into dental hygiene. I will NEVER forget going to orientation and seeing all those dental chairs. My Mom was with me and I turned to her and cried. I told her I wanted to be teacher and that I didn't want to clean teeth!  Well she took me right over to registration and I changed my major right then!  I have NEVER regretted my decision!

3.      How are you currently involved in education?
I am a kindergarten teacher in a Catholic School. I also tutor twice a week.

4.     What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
Just do it! There is always going to be someone who will love what you do! I have learned so much reading the seller's forum and getting advice from some really topnotch teachers!

5.     What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
I just love being part of this movement! I have always felt that I was a good teacher, but I never felt "polished." The teachers here on TPT are supportive and SMART! My teaching has improved tremendously because of the ideas and support that I get in this venue!

6.     What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
Hmmmm.......... my husband and I LOVE Disney World! We spent our honeymoon there and took our kids there once. I never get tired of watching Disney movies!

7.     Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
As I said earlier, I tutor after school.

8.     What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
I have always thought that I would like to be a park ranger...... 

9.     What profession would you not like to do?
I would not like to be a banker, an accountant, or a salesman.

10. Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
My favorite authors are Jodi Piccoult and Nicholas Sparks. I like novels that take me away, but also make me think. For children's books, I love Lois Ehlert, Mo Williems, Leo Lionni, and Robert Munsch. I also like non-fiction books for kids, but cannot think of a favorite author. I just discovered Loreen Leedy though TPT and I am enjoying her books, too! I love books that teach kids in a colorful and fun way!


Cindy Feeney (Kinderkay)


Kinder Kay's Prized Products

I am proud of my Polar Animal pack because I have been using it for many years in my classroom, so I know it works and is classroom tested!


I just posted my Winter Science and Literacy pack. It can be completed in about 5 days and I think it has some big thoughts for little minds in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...