Saturday, September 17, 2011

Featured Teacher: Michelle Heisler



1.   How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I have been selling on TpT since June 2010. I have been selling my teaching resources since 2003 on other websites but when I learned about TpT and started selling here it quickly became my 'home' selling site.

2.   When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
As long as I can remember I wanted to be a teacher. I loved school as a child. I had many wonderful teachers over the years that inspired me to want to be 'just like them'!

3.   How are you currently involved in education?
At the current time creating and selling teaching resources is my main focus with education. Due to a disability I am no longer able to work as a regular classroom teacher. Creating new resources and being a part of the TpT community allows me to stay active and current in my field.

4.   What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
Take the plunge! Join in the forums and learn from all the outstanding people there. You will learn as you go to make your products more appealing to the mass market and you will make many great friends along the way!


5.   What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
The highlight for me at TpT has been the camaraderie amongst the people in the forums. I have learned so much and am in awe of the vast talent that is there.

6.   What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
I am a Disney World fanatic! I love all things Disney and I just feel 'at home' when I am there.

7.   Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
I am an active volunteer in my children's classrooms. It is very interesting to be on the other side of the desk and observe how other teachers do things. I have been very impressed with the skills and talent of all the teachers I have volunteered for.

8.   What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
I love science. I am fascinated with the jobs on shows like CSI. Very intriguing!  Being a veterinarian would be a fantastic job too.  I also think it would be interesting to be in the law profession.

9.   What profession would you not like to do?
A job I know I could not handle is nursing.   My hat is off to the wonderful men and women that can do it, but I know it wouldn't be for me.

10. Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
Overall my favorite author is J.K. Rowling. I adore the Harry Potter series. She is a genius in the world she created and how she had the entire series planned out. I read many educational authors but I do not have a specific favorite. Actually many of my favorites are fellow TpT sellers who have blogs. I love reading what everyone is doing, the great ideas and opinions!

The Teaching Bank ~ Michelle Heisler

The Teaching Bank's Teachers Pay Teacher Store



The Teaching Bank's Favorite Items

The first unit that I created as a teacher was for the Charlotte's Web book.My favorite area for writing curriculum is novel units. I would have to say Charlotte's Web is my favorite because that is where it all started!



The other item that is a personal favorite is my Alien Text Talk Activity. I had great success in the classroom using Daily Oral Language methods and I was able to translate those skill activities to a method that is current and fun for the students where they can legitimately use their texting knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...