Saturday, September 3, 2011

Featured Teacher Author: Michelle Walker


Featured Seller


1.   How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
In South Africa, where I live, I recently started a small business supplying teachers with resources and when I came across TpT I thought "let's give it a bash"...I've had a store on TpT for about 18 months now, but have only realized the potential of really marketing myself within this quarter and have been pulling all the stops to get myself more "noticed"..it is slow going, but I have seen steady results so far (nothing to get too excited about yet, but it's a start!)

2.   When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
My first day of Grade 1!!

3.   How are you currently involved in education?
I taught for 16 years and when I went off on maternity leave my heartstrings tugged me to remain at home so I started a small business creating resources for teachers.

4.   What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
"Why on earth not?" You have nothing to lose and plenty to gain!

5.   What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
Having a product selected as a feature in the first newsletter of this year! And a consistent rating of 4.0!!

6.   What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
I love art! Painting, drawing, papier mache, pottery, anything! I'm happy to get messy...as long as I can get clean again afterwards!!

7.   Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
Well, my business is outside the classroom. I teach extra Maths lessons from home in the afternoons. I have a website and a blog!

8.   What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
ART!!

9.   What profession would you not like to do?
Anything in the "hardcore" business line!

10.                Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
I loooove to read, no firm favorite, although I have read just about every Jodi Picoult written and love Audrey Niffenegger (Her Fearful Symmetry and Time Traveller's Wife)! Although not really an educational author I have loved Torey Hayden's books forever. She inspired me even more to want to teach during my high school years.

by Michelle Walker

Featured Items
I simply adore my Monster Math Activity Pack! I had such fun creating this pack with the stunning scrapbooking clipart from 'Just so Scrappy 2' and just know that every kid I ever taught would have loved to work with it!
Monster Math Activity Packet
I am also extremely proud of all of my integrated Thematic Units (All about me, Bugs, Recycling and Dinosaurs and Dodos). I believe very strongly in integration when teaching young children. It helps children to make connections between what they are learning and the world around them and keeps learning exciting and relevant.
All About Me, Thematic Unit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...