Saturday, November 5, 2011

Featured Teacher: Angie Barillaro



1.   How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I have been on Teachers Pay Teachers for about one and a half years. I was impressed with the professionalism of the site and the incredible ease of use! Having been teaching for over twenty years I have been writing, self publishing and selling me resources directly to schools. TPT was my first foray into the online community. The generous and talented teachers within the TPT community have shared information that has been useful and taught me heaps...after I finally got it!

2.   When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
As a child, I really loved playing school and then as an adolescent, I became interested in Montessori. Although I never went down that path (yet) I went on to become an English teacher and Teacher Librarian. Later I added Reading Recovery to my credentials and have worked within both the secondary and primary sector.

3. How are you currently involved in education?
I work part time and am trying to build my business.

4.   What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
I would advise those creative and giving teachers out there to value their expertise and put some of their resources on TPT. In schools, I was always the first to volunteer, to do more yet, never I felt appreciated, especially in coming up with curriculum units.  On TPT, I do feel like my work is appreciated.

5.   What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
Watching my confidence increase and learning so much more.

6. What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
My love of all types of music and humor - on the surface I appear quite conservative.

7.   Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
I work casual and part time teaching jobs in secondary schools - mostly in teaching English and literacy. I also sometimes do temp work in school libraries.

8.   What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Kindergarten Teacher or full time writer.

9.   What profession would you not like to do?
Anything that did not involve meaningful contact with children and/or youth.

10.                 Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
My favorite author is Charles Dickens because he is a genius and makes me laugh. Educationally, I like many authors and am very interested in learning styles.


Angie Barillaro 
Radiant Heart Publishing Angie's TPT store


Angie's Prized Products

Exploring Youth Issues through Literacy is a series I have done which seems to be popular with alternative English classes, adult learners, middle school English and Health, as well as Literacy and remedial type situations.


Drama Extras is another series that helps many Drama teachers cope with a fairly demainding subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...