Saturday, March 24, 2012

featured teacher author: Yvonne Crawford




1.     How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I've been on TPT for about 1 week.  I've been selling my own curriculum on Amazon and on my own website for almost 2 years. I didn't know there was even a site like this.  One day I happened upon someone's blog who had a store who pointed to TPT and the rest is history.

2.     When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
I think ever since I was born.  My mother was a teacher and she was an excellent teacher.  I remember being her teacher's helper after school, weekends and during the summer. I used to love to help her create curriculum even back then. 

3.     How are you currently involved in education?
I was a teacher for many years in the USA, Hungary, France, and Slovakia.  I taught elementary school and high school.  Now, I am homeschooling my own children and I also teach French (and English) to elementary school children. 

4.     What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
I would tell them to do it.  Just try, it doesn't cost anything and so you won't lose anything. 

5.     What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
Meeting a lot of neat teachers who care about helping other teachers as much as I do. 

6.     What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
I love to write fiction books. I've never tried to publish them, but I do print them out and let my own children read them.  They enjoy them especially when I make them the main characters. 

7.     Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
I'm always taking some kind of class during my free time.  One year it's Chinese, the next it's knitting. I'm a lifelong student!

8.     What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Nothing! This is not only my profession, but my life.  I love everything I'm doing!

9.     What profession would you not like to do?
I wouldn't like to be a housekeeper. I had a job doing housekeeping when I was in college and I didn't like it.  I didn't like changing kitty liter nor cleaning other people's toilets. 

10. Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
I love Philip Ardagh. His books are just so much fun.  I love reading them to my children and I love reading them by myself. 

I think that in a way everyone on TPT is my favorite educational author because they all contribute so much to the education world. 


by Yvonne Crawford 


Yvonne's TPT store



Yvonne's Prized Products


I love these new "Mathbooking" books that I've recently started to create.  They are so much fun for my students and my own children.  For many math is dull and boring, but when you add drawing, creating and journaling, it opens up Math into a whole new world. 




This is a book that I originally published on Amazon and then I recently put it on TPT as well.  It's a great book to help girls learn French by learning the French words for things that they enjoy the most - tea cups, dolls, horses, etc.  Lots of activities and worksheets for girls.  There is also French for Boys in this series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...