Saturday, March 31, 2012

Featured Teacher Author: Miss Kindergarten


1.     How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I started selling on Teachers Pay Teachers in May of 2011. I posted a few ideas for my beach themed room decor and got such positive feedback. I realized my love of teaching and others appreciated decorating around the world and I liked that!

2.     When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
When I was in second grade, I remember writing in my journal, "When I grow up I am going to be a teacher".  I absolutely adored my second grade teacher and I wanted to be just like her! All through high school and college I worked teaching children dance, foreign languages, arts and crafts. I just loved it!

3.     How are you currently involved in education?
I am currently in my second year of full-time teaching in a first grade classroom and I am also part of the amazing teaching blog community.

4.     What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
My advice to people considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers is to not be so hard on yourself! I always find myself second guessing a product I want to post  because I'm afraid no one will like it! I just have to remind myself that if it worked for me, it will work for others! It's so easy to get competitive and compare yourself to others, but just remember what you're doing is helping and others appreciate you!

5.     What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
I think a highlight of selling on Teachers Pay Teachers is all the sweet comments I get from happy buyers. Knowing that I was an influence in even one classroom other than mine is so rewarding! The extra money is nice too ;)

6.     What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
I feel like I talk about myself so much, there can't be anything that people don't already know about me! I love bargain shopping and finding great deals. I'm into fashion and attempted a fashion blog at one point but I couldn't keep up with it! I also love crafting and making things. I sell classroom signs on Etsy :)

7.     Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
I am an author of several education blogs including Miss Kindergarten, Teaching Blog Addict, and The Crafty Community. Aside from being in my second year of teaching and blogging I don't have much time for anything else!

8.     What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
I have always been interested in being a professional organizer. I love to organize and I feel I can help a lot of people! I think being a professional organizer for classrooms would be so much fun!

9.     What profession would you not like to do?
I know that I would never be good at a profession that involves minimal peer interaction. I could never work in a cubicle without frequent communication with others!

10. Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
I am a big fan of all types of books, but especially children's books. I don't think I could ever pick just one author!



Hadar {Miss Kindergarten} Miss Kindergarten's TPT store


Miss Kindergarten's Prized Products

My first creation that I'm most proud of is one of the first products I created and sold on TpT. It was the decor for my beach themed classroom. The comments I received from teachers who used my creations to decorate their classrooms just warmed my heart! 
Beach Theme Room Decor




The next creation I'm most proud of is my Gone Batty Math Game. It was the product that started my success on TpT and encouraged me to create more! 


Gone Batty Math Game

2 comments:

  1. Great interview! Love Miss Kindergarten!
    Jennifer
    http://firstgradeblueskies.blogspot.com/2012/03/and-winner-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for featuring me! Do you have a "featured on" button that I can post on my blog?

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...