Saturday, May 14, 2011

Featured Seller: Lisa Frase

1.   How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I posted a couple of literature units on TPT about 2 years ago. After reading a success story from another seller on teachers.net, I decided to try posting more products to see what happened. I started to see results immediately. I was hooked!
2.   When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
I used to play school when I was a little girl. I think I knew what I wanted to do since childhood, but I took a little longer to get there. I went back to school to pick up my teaching certification after my first child was born.
3.   How are you currently involved in education?
I am currently teaching fourth grade.
4.   What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
I've tried to find ways online to make extra money. TPT is a hit! I've had some fun moments hitting new milestones. It's exciting to see your sales and followers grow.

5.   What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
Although I teach Language Arts and social studies, I have a speech and drama background. I've actually taken reader's theatre classes and performed as troupe member. One of my goals is to add more authentic reader's theatre scripts to my product catalogue.
6.   Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
As an NBCT I help mentor National Board candidates. I'm also a National Writing Project Teacher Consultant. I recently turned over my last duty as Past President of the Greater Houston Area Reading Council. I am currently serving on a committee for the Texas Council for the Teachers of English Language Arts. I stay involved and busy!

7.   What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
I am a writer. I am currently seeking publication in children's picture books and young adult. I also have a book on teaching writing that I am finishing up. I had the incredible opportunity last summer to attend the Highlight's Foundations Writer's Workship in Chautauqua, New York last summer. I spent a week rubbing elbows with Jerry and Eileen Spinelli. The entire experience was like having chocolate overload cake.
8.   What profession would you not like to do?
I could never, ever be a doctor or nurse. I can't handle blood.

9.   Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
That's a loaded question! I think Jane Yolen and Kate DiCamillo are definitely at the top of my list. My favorite educational author is Katie Ray Wood. Her book, Wondrous Words literally changed my life as a teacher and writer.
10.  What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
You can learn a lot by reading the forums. Take a look at top sellers and see what they do. Find your niche.
 Lisa Frase


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...