Saturday, August 13, 2011

Featured Teacher Author: Al Baggetta


Featured Teacher Author


1.   How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I've been selling my software and test packs on TPT for about three years -- shortly after Paul started the venture.  Before that I had been selling my software and test packs via the internet and through the popular teacher catalog of Teachers' Discovery.

2.   When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
I decided to become a teacher when I was in college (many years ago in a galaxy far far away -- to paraphrase).  I was studying Shakespeare and the depth of the English language, and it seemed like topics I would love to pass on to the younger generation.

3.   How are you currently involved in education?
I am currently retired and connected with educators through my website (baggetta.com).

4.   What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
Do it.  You will not only be helping yourself but younger teachers who need ideas to make their classes more stimulating.

5.   What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?

My time on TPT has allowed me to earn a small and comfortable income to supplement my retirement and has kept me up to date on a lot of the changes in education since I retired.


6.   What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
I enjoy playing the guitar and scrollsawing.

7.   Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
No other activities except developing new ideas using software and testing material for the classroom.

8.   What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Very happy just the way things are, thank you.

9.   What profession would you not like to do?
See question 8 above.

10.                Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
Shakespeare has always been my favorite writer, followed by Poe, Twain, Frost and many others.  I don't read too many books about education, since I have already lived through much of what it is all about.  Experience is the best teacher.
Al's Products
I'm most proud of my work with development of the Literary Test Generators, which I offer on my website.  When I was a new teacher I remember searching regularly for testing material, often not available, so I spent a lot of time creating my own.  I applied this to developing algorithms that I used in my Test Generator programs, which hundreds of teachers are also now using.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...