1. How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers? What made you decide to be a part of it?
I joined TpT in May 2011 after seeing Deanna Jump featured on the local news.
2. When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
I have always been more fascinated with how I learned than I was with what I learned, so I helped to launch a charter high school with a curricular focus on engineering in 2004.
3. How are you currently involved in education?
I currently help groups start charter schools.
4. What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
Value your work and price it accordingly, use blogs to promote teaching and learning (not just your products), participate in forums, and stay patient! There are lots of products and sellers, so it may take some time to build followers!
5. What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
It is affirming to have colleagues tell you that your materials are creative and useful!
6. What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
I can sing!
7. Do you participate in education outside of the classroom? In what type of role?
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
I would like to play golf professionally!
9. What profession would you not like to do?
I would not like to be a politician!
10. Who is your favorite author? Favorite educational author? And why?
Favorite author: Martin Luther King, Jr. - for his timeless wisdom.
Favorite educational author: Dr. Pedro Noguera - for his numerous insights to increasing parent involvement in urban schools.
Derrick's TPT store
Derrick's TPT store
Derrick's Prized Products
Use this creative diagnostic as a formal or informal assessment! It can visually demonstrate your students' level of math proficiency by measuring their command of its language!
This 25-page ebook challenges students to think critically about life, freedom, and the pursuit of success and happiness by introducing them to fundamental principles that define their character.